River in Canyon

River in Canyon
River in Canyon

Poem by Coyote @CoyoteSing

down a dirt road
I barely remember
how deep I must go
into this canyon
to find the river

Poem shared courtesy
of @CoyoteSing

Friday, January 2, 2015

Household #17 - John MASON

We've now arrived at the household of my Mason family.  In the family are my great grandparents and my grandfather and his siblings.  Since this family is the one I know best of the River Portal families it's obviously the one I have the most information on.  I'm not sharing a lot more therefore on this particular household.  I haven't made any Mason connections through this chatting here.  One of my major purposes is to help others who don't know their families were here.    

I hope that someday much more information can be shared on the other households if others find connections and share their info to help fill in the pieces.  

I've already told you much about my family.  I shared that there were three John Mason men in my direct line who all had significant situations involving rivers.  One was lucky.  That one was my great grandfather.  The younger John Mason listed in this information was my grandfather.  He was not so lucky with the river that he was affected by.  The older John Mason helped to tame a river.  The younger John Mason was taken by a river - as was his son - my daddy John Mason.  And we sit here on the riverbank with two more John Mason guys - my first cousin John Mason who was named after my daddy and his son John Mason, Jr.  It's a noble name with a great heritage! 


No comments:

Post a Comment